Smart City is a company that thrives on personal and professional growth. We believe that investing in people directly correlates to company growth, and we’ve doubled in size every single year because of it. We spend our time working for a purpose, striving to be better human beings, and setting major goals for growth.
Come check out why we’ve won 19th in the country for Best Places To Work 2018 by Glassdoor!! We've won Best Places to Work by the Dallas Morning News, as well as the Dallas Business Journal 4 years in a row!
The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of accounting and reporting as it relates to Smart City Locating. Further, they oversee all activities and operations in the accounts receivable function for the organization that includes developing and managing a team of 7 employees.
Oversee invoice distribution, collections efforts, cash application, and interacts with Human Resources related payday applications. Negotiates with past due accounts, maintains cash receipts and refers accounts to collection agencies as necessary. Resolves all payment issues in a timely manner. Maintains and updates accurate financial records. Setup of new vendors and maintain relationship with existing vendors as required.
Supervises a small group of professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of functional area under supervision. Typically requires 3 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. College degree preferred in the discipline.
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30am - 5:30pm, Friday - 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Accounts Receivable (20%)
- Invoice Distribution
- Ensure that invoices are distributed with accurate data, on time and to the correct contacts.
- Assist in invoicing efforts to ensure all KPIs are met and exceed expectations.
- Maintain an acceptable level of delinquency in Accounts Receivable balances agreed upon by senior management.
- Assist in collections efforts to ensure past due KPI is met and exceeds expectations.
- Serve as point of contact for collections team with regard to Agent questions on delinquent invoices and all issues unresolved through collections team.
- Cash Application
- Ensure the efficient and accurate application of payments to invoices.
- Provide guidance in resolving problems with checks.
- Conduct final review of payday when Lead Invoicing Specialist has finalized deposit and Agent commissions.
- Agent Payday/Deductions
- Oversee bi-weekly fronting process and allocation of commission payments to contractors.
- Handle deductions to contractor paychecks.
- Accounting (50%)
- Conduct transition from Cash accounting to Accrual accounting.
- Manages various accounting functions including ledger maintenance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue and asset accounting, as well as associated analysis and reporting.
- Evaluates and makes improvements to accounting processes while ensuring that practices comply with organization accounting policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage company Expensify account/expense reporting and ensure all cardholders are following budget assignments.
- Financial Reporting
- Maintain informative and concise financial reporting focused on accounts receivable and overall financial performance for senior management.
- Implement financial model to facilitate informed budgeting and forecasting.
- Create additional financial reporting as needed.
- Provide financial reporting to outside entities as required.
- Assist in budgeting process as needed and allocate top-down budgets to department managers.
- Create and manage reporting to provide budget visibility to department heads.
- Management (30%)
- Lead weekly Level 10 team meetings to ensure that department maintains focus on hitting measurables and facilitate discussion on solutions to problems that department faces.
- Conduct monthly 1x1 meetings with each employee to maintain understanding of job satisfaction, career goals, issues, concerns, and Core Values.
- Attend Operations Level 10 weekly meeting to report department update and participate in IDS.
- Conduct interviews for Specialist/Coordinator level on an as needed basis.
- Conduct 90 day reviews
- Prepare Bi-Annual performance review for Specialist/Coordinator level and review with VP of Operations and Finance.
Here's what our company believes in:
Honor Bound - We do what we say we're going to do, and we don't need to wear a suit and tie to do it.
Overachievers - We always go the extra mile.
Never Settle - We are constantly striving for growth, both personally and professionally.
Optimistic - We are a genuine force of positivity, not like rainbows and butterflies, but like, life is good.
Real People- We treat everyone like friends, and we're real human beings who make mistakes sometimes. Let's learn from it and move forward.
Stalk our Social Media!