The Marketing Team creates brand awareness and generates client leads through a variety of customer acquisition strategies, driving all revenue goals for the company.
Position Summary: The Social Media Manager creates and maintains an insanely recognized and reputable brand in all assigned markets while increasing brand awareness and lead generation through multiple initiatives such as sharing market knowledge through social media, influencer and event marketing, and developing creative marketing content that can be utilized across all assigned markets. This role will work closely with all marketing team members as well as department leaders to ensure content is developed effectively while maintaining brand standards. This role understands that our clients and agents are the fuel that powers growth for the company and executes with the mindset that puts the client and agent first.
- Maintain Content Calendars, in collaboration with the Marketing Team, to focus heavily on growing our organic brand, support the lead generation efforts, and maintain a healthy cost per lead in all markets.
- Create, execute, analyze and manage a variety of marketing initiatives for platforms of the assigned market:
- Generate leads through social media and other marketing efforts.
- Develop and execute entertaining/fun/trend-oriented ideas for social media channels.
- Be agile and adjust posting strategies based on current business needs.
- Convey the brand “voice” through copywriting while maintaining brand guidelines.
- Work with Influencers and partners to post content for brand awareness campaigns.
- Manage and update website content
- Communicate with followers, responding to comments in a timely manner and escalating to the CX Team where appropriate.
- Support new marketing initiatives, often trialing out new platforms or programs to determine viability and success.
- Be the social media point of contact.
- Cross-Department Collaboration:
- Work closely with the Property Success partners to promote key properties and post the best apartment content.
- Collaborate with and support cross-departmental teams to promote our local brand to customers and future clients (properties) with educational market insights, recruiting campaigns, and culture content.
- Communicate regularly with team leadership around platform performance, cross-departmental communications, reporting, and other escalations or feedback.
- Be the Smart City Social Media Audience subject matter expert.
- Be agile and adjust execution strategies based on current business needs, and assist with process review and improvement.
- Create periodical reports of department, team, functional and/or market insights.
- Plan and participate in company-promoted events, promote internally and externally as needed.
- Participate in team meetings and collaborative sessions, generate new ideas and execute.
- Assist with efforts in other markets, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field is preferred
- 1+ year of experience as a Social Media Manager or similar
- 2+ years of marketing or sales experience
- Experience running large social media accounts and/or omnichannel marketing campaigns is ideal
- Experience with new trending social media content is ideal
- Experience in short-form copywriting for social media captions and display advertising
- Experience in long-form copywriting and SEO for website blogs, email marketing, and other types of content
- Experience in inbound marketing
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Wordpress or similar CMS
- Mailchimp (or other email marketing tool)
- Social Media for Business (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube)
- Firm grasp of social media trends, vernacular, and humor
- Comfortable being on camera and creating voiceover content
- Adobe CS, Canva, Splice, VSCO or other editing applications
- Google Ads and Analytics
- Search Console, TagManager, SEMRush or other SEO tools is preferred
- Asana (or other project management software)
- Google Workspace (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc)
- Experience with Excel or Google Sheets is preferred
- Experience using a CRM platform is preferred
- Understanding of Mac OSX and iPhone iOS for business
- An empathy-driven mindset with the desire to surprise and delight each client
- Strong attention to detail
- Project coordination and ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Effective time management and communication skills
- Strong listening skills, ability to handle feedback, and communication skills
- Thrives in an environment where they get to try new things
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable with data entry & cold calling
- Hybrid in-office role and must be located in Chicago.
- Travel to and touring properties may be required.
- Travel to other markets may periodically be required.
- Assures that safety regulations are followed at all times.
- Adherence to compliance measures implemented by governing bodies such as but not limited to OSHA & the CDC. Follows policies and procedures including infection control, universal precautions, and exposure control plans when performing daily tasks.
- Reports hazardous conditions, accidents, and incidents to the immediate supervisor.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Typical business hours: 8:30am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday, availability for escalations may be needed outside of normal business hours.
- Up to 10% of the time.
- Minimal travel may be required for business functions, team training, and culture events.
We Take Equality Seriously: Smart City is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and does not discriminate based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, in connection with any aspect of employment at Smart City Locating.