POSITION TITLE: People Business Partner
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
REPORTS TO: Director of People
SALARY RANGE: $65,000 - $70,000
The People Business Partner (BP) originates and leads HR practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The People BP supports and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the company. This position is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing flawless internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. The People BP is a champion of culture change, a mentor, leader and coach. This position must challenge the status quo and offer creative solutions to business issues.
- Assist with the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Oversee employment onboarding process.
- Collaborate with Director of People on strategic direction of HR Department and create a plan for growth in-line with company growth.
- Collaborates with Director of People on company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Act as subject matter expert and maintain knowledge and understanding of regulations, laws and industry best practices to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws in multiple states.
- Ensures company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth.
- Collaborate with the Director of People to develop and manage thoughtful, scalable, HR policies and procedures that shape the employee lifecycle.
- Act as escalated point of contact for all HR-related processes, policies, and documentation.
- Communicate and escalate personnel management issues, inquiries, and concerns to the Director of People to ensure appropriate action is taken according to Smart City policies and processes.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the company. Counsels managers on employment issues.
- In charge of exit interview process
- Escalated point of contact for compensation, benefits, HRIS platform, and payroll.
- Assists with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
- Helps to monitor the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's mission and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assist Director of People with projects as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Bring To The Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 4+ years of HR experience, HR management experience is a plus. Preferably in the Tech or Real Estate industries.
- Experience in a start-up is a plus.
- Strong HR functional expertise; knowledgeable on employment law matters, employment legislation, and compliance management.
- A highly effective relationship builder and communicator with exceptional verbal/written communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proven success and ability to work with managers to implement programs and solutions to achieve strategic business objectives.
- Comfortable as a "hands-on" manager and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done while also knowing when to delegate.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement.
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Strong project management skills - ability to handle multiple projects at once and competing priorities.
- Organized, extremely detail oriented and execution focused a must.
Desired: Certification in Professional Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
Who We Are
We are more than just an apartment locating company. We love what we do, and we work all the time because to us, it doesn’t feel like work. We believe that professionalism is doing what you say you’re going to do. We pride ourselves on teamwork, and we live for helping others. We get excited when faced with a tough challenge and go the extra mile to achieve our goals. We believe in quick communication, accessibility, transparency, and having fun while putting in good old fashioned hard work. We go above and beyond, we are hyper-personalize, and we make friends, not clients. You are not just another e-mail address, and we are not just another real estate service. We are Smart City.
Here’s what our company believes in:
- Honor Bound – We do what we say we’re going to do, and we don’t need to wear a suit and tie to do it.
- Overachievers – We always go the extra mile.
- Never Settle – We are constantly striving for growth, both personally and professionally.
- Optimistic – We are a genuine force of positivity, not like rainbows and butterflies, but like, life is good.
- Real People- We treat everyone like friends, and we’re real human beings who make mistakes sometimes. Let’s learn from it and move forward.
Our team is extremely important to us and we’re excited to have been recognized as one of Dallas Business Journal’s ‘2019 Best Places to Work’.
Perks - you know you want ‘em
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive and flexible health benefits plan
- Flex PTO
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Annual professional development stipend
- Casual dress code
- Dog-friendly office
We Take Equality Seriously
Smart City is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity, change of sex and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
All offers of employment are conditioned upon the candidate’s completion of a Form I-9 and delivery of appropriate documentation to establish the candidate’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.