The Customer Experience (CX) Team provides “out of this world” customer service and converts potential clients into qualified leads for our Sales Team.
Position Summary: The goal of the Customer Experience Specialist I is to set a positive first impression for all potential clients and take full ownership of the entire lead distribution process and CRM/platform management. The Customer Experience Specialist I oversees all inbound communication platforms to engage with clients who are searching for their next apartment. The Customer Experience Specialist I is responsible for initial lead qualification to ensure workable leads are handed off to our licensed real estate agents. The Customer Experience Specialist I upholds a 10 minute response time for all inbound inquiries and strives for a full resolution in 5 minutes or less.
- Inbound Inquiries:
- Manage all company inbound communication platforms including but not limited to: calls, texts, emails, social media direct messages, social media comments, online chats, etc., forwarding messages appropriately to correct departments or contacts.
- Maintains all Gmail inboxes, keeping them organized, forwarding messages appropriately to correct departments or contacts.
- Initiate and respond to inbound leads from all inbound communication platforms with a sense of urgency to deliver the best client experience.
- Manages client situations utilizing the ‘Tricky Situations ‘protocol and escalates as needed
- Qualify inbound leads and convert to clients; divert any unqualified leads in a friendly manner.
- Enter qualified leads into the CRM and utilize the round robin system to assign leads to agents.
- Assist and fulfill real estate agent requests and escalate as needed.
- Deliver Client-Focused Service:
- Be a positive and energetic first impression for the company.
- Uphold a less than 10 minute response time on all inbound communication platforms for both clients and agents, and strive for a full resolution time of 5 minutes or less on all platforms.
- Rotate through all inbound communication platforms every 5 minutes to avoid missed notifications and evenly distribute time and attention.
- Collaborate and communicate with team members when there are spikes in platform traffic, leveraging them as backup as needed.
- Manage tough client situations utilizing the Tricky Situations tactics and escalate to Lead CX Specialists as needed.
- Utilize the team and management as a resource and follow proper channels of communication.
- Be the Smart City Locating service subject matter expert.
- Be agile and adjust execution strategies based on current business needs, assist with process review and improvement.
- Create periodical reports of department, team, functional and/or market insights.
- Plan and participate in company promoted events, promote internally and externally as needed.
- Participate in team meetings and collaborative sessions, generate new ideas and execute.
- Assist with efforts in other markets, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 1+ years of customer service team experience
- Experience in a client-facing sales, customer service, hospitality, or retail position is preferred
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Google Workspace (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc)
- Experience with Excel or Google Sheets is preferred
- Experience using a CRM platform is preferred
- Understanding of Mac OSX and iPhone iOS for business
- Proficient with social media platforms
- An empathy-driven mindset with the desire to surprise and delight each client
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective time management, project coordination, and ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Strong communication and active listening skills with the ability to handle feedback
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where they get to try new things
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable with data entry & cold calling
- Hybrid in-office role. Must be located in one of our operating markets within the United States and able to work within CX Operating hours in Central Standard Time zone:
- Dallas, TX (preferred)
- Fort Worth, TX
- Austin, TX
- San Antonio, TX
- Houston, TX
- Denver, CO
- Chicago, IL
- Atlanta, GA
- Desk setup must include company-issued computer, dual monitor, timer and personal phone utilized for work calls.
- Travel to and touring properties around the city may periodically be required.
- Travel to other markets may periodically be required.
- Assures that safety regulations are followed at all times.
- Adherence to compliance measures implemented by governing bodies such as but not limited to OSHA & the CDC. Follows policies and procedures including infection control, universal precautions, and exposure control plans when performing daily tasks.
- Reports hazardous conditions, accidents, and incidents to the immediate supervisor.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Full time position, 40 hours per week required.
- Must have open availability for a rotating shift schedule between the following hours of operation, Monday-Sunday: 8am to 8pm .
- Overtime only as needed on a voluntary basis.
- Up to 10% of the time.
- Minimal travel may be required for business functions, team training, and culture events.
We Take Equality Seriously: Smart City is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and does not discriminate based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, in connection with any aspect of employment at Smart City Locating.