The Apartment Locator role is an Inside Sales - Real Estate position at Smart City Locating.
Smart City is a human-centered apartment locating service that saves renters time and money when searching for a new place to live. We’re on a mission to help people find a space to be themselves, both in an apartment and a place to work. We’re eager to add more awesome humans to our Sales Team who are ready to grow with the company, work hard, and win big!
- Empathetic, compassionate, and intuitive
- Social and outgoing
- Self driven, extremely goal oriented, and ready to learn
- Always sees the silver lining and able to have a good laugh at yourself
- A multitasking genius, whether it’s because you’re a perfectionist, slightly anxious, or hyper focused, being impatient is a virtue and moving quickly is your superpower
- Accessible and a follow-up ninja, not necessarily detail oriented but organized in your own way
What do we do?
We help people find the best deals on apartments! How do we do it? It’s pretty simple:
- Our marketing and customer experience teams generate qualified leads, aka our clients. Check @smartcityhtx out on Instagram and TikTok!
- You get to tour apartments all over the city! You will manage client relationships by chatting to get to know what they're looking for, and then connect them with the best places in the city. What are our clients saying? Read here.
- The client pays their rent, the apartment complex pays Smart City, and Smart City pays you! Win-win-win!
What will you do?
Ultimately, your job is to find your clients apartments. On the daily, you’ll:
- Manage the client relationship from lead to lease
- Chat with clients via text, phone, and email
- Put together a hyper-personalized list of available apartment units
- Work directly with property partners, schedule and attend tours
- Earn commissions for leasing clients
Let’s talk comp:
This role is paid by real estate commissions from helping your client lease an apartment.
- Based on full-time effort with an average of 8-12 leased clients per month, compensation ranges between $70K-110K+ per year.
Why Smart City?
- Company Generated Leads: More than we know what to do with. Everyone needs help finding an apartment, and we HATE cold calling. People are calling us non-stop and we need your help to find them apartments!
- Pipeline to Residential Real Estate: This pipeline-building process makes for a great introduction to residential leasing real estate—when renters are ready to buy a home and you’re ready to take a new step in your career, you now have a pipeline of potential residential clients! This is THE easiest, least risky way to enter into residential real estate.
- Flexibility with an asterisk***: We operate on a people-driven schedule. Your schedule is built around your clients, and you will work when they need you. You can take on as many clients as you want. While it does mean conversations with them in the evenings and touring with them on the weekends, it also means having autonomy over your vacation and time off. As long as you take care of our clients and are giving an incredible 5 star service, we don’t care about much else.
- Advanced Pay Program: Where other brokerages only pay you after receiving checks from your leases, we pay you 30% of the invoice amount once move-in is confirmed, which means you get paid 60-90 days sooner than all other real estate brokerages.
- Tenure is rewarded: Commission percentages increase the longer you’re here.
- Grow with a growing company: We are big fans of promoting from within. 90% of people on our executive leadership team started as Smart City agents.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Real Estate License: You’ll need to finish your coursework towards your Texas Real Estate License within 6 weeks of being offered a position. But don't worry—we’ll walk you through the process!
- Local Travel Required: Local travel around the city to tour with your clients.
- Laptop Required: Having a laptop is crucial to being successful in this role. The expectation is that we are shockingly accessible to our clients, sometimes on short notice. Being tied down to running a search from only one location could limit the level of service you're able to provide your clients. You'll also want to make sure your laptop is set up for video calls, when the need arises!
- iPhone Required: The mobile version of our custom CRM only operates on iOS.
Smart City is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and does not discriminate based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, in connection with any aspect of employment at Smart City Locating.