At Smart City, we’re all about helping people find a space where they can be themselves. Naturally, this applies to us finding the perfect apartments for our clients. But it also describes our philosophy and approach in the workplace. From company leaders to customer specialists, our business is driven by real people — humans who each bring something unique and awesome to the table. The Technology Team develops, coordinates, and integrates technologies used around the company, including custom developed websites and software that help the business run efficiently. We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to help us build out an awesome user experience for both our team and our customers as we create technologies that will mold the future of apartment locating. You will be working directly with the CEO and leadership to create some really cool client facing sites and also some really boring team efficiency stuff. So you have to be sharp, ready to run Lead on design execution, and be ready to bring your creativity and ideas to the table. No bump on the logs allowed.
Position Summary: The UX Designer position supports the business as well as our technology team by incorporating business requirements into badass designs that make the user experience easy, seamless, and vibey. We are looking for a UX Designer that can not only collaborate with major stakeholders, but bring innovative ideas to the table when it comes to outfitting our 100% custom solution. The UX Designer needs to be a highly motivated person with years of proven user interface and visual design skills to create elegant, intuitive user experiences across multiple interfaces. The UX Designer will help uncover and define user needs, build out workflows, construct the information architecture, create layouts, build interactions, or create any relevant UX artifact as needed.
- Designing compelling product experiences based on what the business needs
- Clearly communicating designs and specifications to empower the engineering team
- Work as an integrated team with Product, Technology, and Business partners to define and solve problems
- Maintaining consistent visual standards and keeping the living style guide up to date and vibey
- Reviewing features implemented by engineering and providing guidance to ensure pixel-perfect experiences
- Conducting and coordinating usability interviews to gather feedback and insights into customer needs
- Participate in all aspects of the design process to frame problems, define insights, create compelling visions, and make concepts and prototypes
- Bring thoughtfulness and attention to detail to your work
- Collaborate with additional stakeholder groups to understand priorities and goals and make sure our work has the intended impact
- Always be learning, be flexible and deliver amazing quality
- Use customer research and requirements to inform your design thinking and target meaningful solutions
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar lead designer role (this is NOT an entry level position)
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions across multiple interfaces and screen sizes
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Experience using a CRM platform is preferred
- Sketch, Adobe XD, or Figma
- Previous experience designing sites that utilize React and Bootstrap
- Previous experience designing large internal company websites preferred
- Experience in UX design and core service design methods and processes
- Experience designing a comprehensive design library for a company
- Experience interacting with development teams that utilize Agile development process
- Ability and desire to work in all phases of the design process (thinking and making)
- Depth in at least one practice area (experience strategy, service design, interaction design, visual design, or design research) that sets you apart from the pack
- Experience in designing UIs that focus on user interactions and workflows through a website to complete a desired function
- A passion for creating new methods and practices
- A collaborative nature with strong communication skills, sincerity, and a sense of humor in the face of ambiguous design challenges
- Confidence and pride in your work, skills, experience, and expertise
- Informative animation
- Data visualization
- Ability to conduct feedback sessions/stakeholder interviews
- Based in Dallas, TX
- Hybrid in-office role, average 2-10 days a month in office (to whiteboard ideas)
- Typical business hours: 8:30am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday, availability for escalations may be needed outside of normal business hours. But we’re pretty chill.
- Up to 10% of the time.
- Minimal travel may be required for business functions, team training, and culture events.